Friday, November 9, 2007
Katie Holmes - Tom Cruise
Katherine Noelle "Katie" Holmes (born December 18, 1978) is an American actress who first achieved fame for her role as Joey Potter on The WB television teen drama Dawson's Creek from 1998 to 2003.
Katie Holmes' part on the show, only her second professional role, made her a star. Her movie roles have ranged from art house films such as The Ice Storm to thrillers such as Abandon to blockbusters such as Batman Begins.
In early 2005, Holmes began a highly publicized relationship with actor Tom Cruise. In June, two months after they first met, she became engaged to Cruise. The couple announced Holmes was pregnant in October 2005; on April 18, 2006, she gave birth to a daughter, Suri Cruise. On November 18, 2006, she and Cruise were married in Italy.
Talking about breast cancer - have a look of this issue:
What is breast cancer ?
Breast cancer is a malignant (cancerous) growth that begins in the tissues of the breast. Cancer is a disease in which abnormal cells grow in an uncontrolled way. Breast cancer is the most common cancer in women, but it can also appear in men. In the U.S., it affects one in eight women.
The most common types of breast cancer are:
* ductal carcinoma (85 - 90% of all cases)
* lobular carcinoma (8% of all cases)
Less common are:
* inflammatory breast cancer (occurs in the skin)
* Paget's disease of the nipple
Symptoms of Breast Cancer:
* a lump or a thickening in the breast or in the armpit
* a change of size or shape of the mature breast
* fluid (not milk) leaking from the nipple
* a change of size or shape of the nipple
* a change of color or texture of the nipple or the areola, or of the skin of the breast itself (dimples, puckers, rash)
* Read more details about symptoms of breast cancer
If You Have Breast Pain
Early stages of breast cancer may not cause any pain or discomfort.
Having a regular mammogram and a clinical breast exam by your health professional can help you understand changes in your breasts. Doing your breast self-exam can help you keep track of regular monthly changes.
Remember, many lumps and rashes are benign (not cancerous) and can respond well to proper treatment. If you experience any symptoms that cause you concern, see your doctor.
Treatments for breast cancer, as well as survival rates, are improving. Early detection and medical help is critical to improving the chances of living beyond a diagnosis of breast cancer.